Welcome to the Professional Client / Consultant Services Agreements Committee (PROCSA®) Website
Our Client/Consultant Professional Services Agreements comprise a suite of documents prepared to regulate the terms of engagement between the client and the consultants. It was compiled in the interests of standardisation and good practice in the construction industry on a mandate from the constituent bodies.
The Client / Consultant Professional Services Agreements comprise of the following:
- Agreement: Terms and Conditions
- Annexure A: Schedule (schedule of variables, amendments and or special conditions)
- Annexure B: Services (Scope of Services specific to each discipline)
- Further Annexures: As required and identified in the schedule which may, inter alia, include the relevant tariff of professional fees and schedule of disbursement rates etc.
The following Suite of Agreements are currently available:
• Architect • Structural Engineer • Electrical Engineer • Fire Consultant
• Landscape Architect • Civil Engineer • Quantity Surveyor • Project Manager
• Mechanical Engineer • Wet Services Engineer • Construction Health & Safety • Development Manager • Principal Agent (only) • Interior Designer • Blank
The Agreements for Architect, Quantity Surveyor, Electrical, Mechanical, Wet Services, Structural & Civil Engineers include Principal Consultant and Principal Agent as separate individual services and deliverables. There is no need to sign a separate Principal Agent Agreement for these disciplines.
The ’Blank’ agreement is available for those disciplines not published. Current and historic edition of the Agreements at reduced cost for reference only purposes are also available. A combined Matrix of services by discipline and by stage is also available, together with combined Suites of all the Reference Documents.
ADVANTAGE OF PROCSA® AGREEMENTS
The advantage of using a PROCSA® Agreement are:
- a consensus Agreement composed, accepted and recommended by all of the constituents
- provides for the services broadly required across the six stages of works
- drafted locally for local and international use
- includes for both services and deliverables
- The same terms and conditions and the same document format, are used for all disciplines for ease of understanding
- Provides for indemnification of the service provider by the client against claims for acts or omissions of other consultants and third parties
- sets clear limits to responsibility and liability
- enables scope change during what are typically long-term projects
- allows for effective dispute resolution
- provides for a matrix of services across all the disciplines
- defines the role of the Development Manager
The Development Manager
The PROCSA® Drafting Committee, in defining the Development Manager has itemised the role and functions of the Development Manager for all the work stages including stage 0.
PROCSA® Edition 4.0 (Oct 2017) is now Available
After almost 2 years of consultation with various role players, PROCSA® has now released Edition 4.0 with effect from October 2017. The main emphasis has been on the terms and conditions on issues relating to indemnification, assignment, termination and dispute resolution. Various definitions in the process have been either deleted, added or amended. Clauses relating to the duration of the agreement, client and consultant obligations, limit of liability, payment, adjustment of fees and disbursements, have all had significant changes for the better.
Click here to read more about the amendments to previous editions.
Accessibility of Agreements
Contracts On-Demand launched on 1st March 2014, its new “e-CLOUD Construction” e-DOCX Document Access Portal. This system provides a Portal into your Company’s library of Documents.
The PROCSA® Agreements are available using Contracts On-Demand's “e-CLOUD Construction” e-DOCX Document Access Portal
The Portal provides for the following:
- creation of PROCSA® Agreements with automatic project specific data inclusion
- secure creation and storage of documents on-line
- project details are stored and made available for use in future documents
- facility to invite consultants to populate and update their details online
- your “Credits Balance” and “Transaction History”
- electronic signature option
- saving the documents on your workstation if required, and unlimited printing
- an option to request documents by email
- the facility to invite “Document Collaborators” in remote offices, to view, edit and print documents
- document revision control
Please follow the steps below to purchase PROCSA® Documents
Create an account and register your details as a User. This is free of charge. You are then required to Login and purchase credits either by credit card or by EFT. With these credits, you can then create, complete, print and download the PROCSA® Agreements. An option is available to immediately receive your document as an attachment within an email.
Click here to follow the simple Step by Step Guide to assist with the purchase of PROCSA® documents.
PROCSA® Training Workshops and Webinars
Contracts On-Demand have an exclusive agreement to facilitate the PROCSA® workshops through selected PROCSA constituents. Workshops and webinars are regularly held to train in the use of the PROCSA® Agreements, their content and application. The webinars comprise of three two hour sessions and are accessible online to all parties who wish to ensure that they are properly trained in the use of the documents for efficient implementation. The webinar presenters are committee members of PROCSA® and are well versed in the application of the Agreements. This ensures that advice to users is appropriate in relation to the context in which they intend using the Agreements.
Click here to read more on Training Workshops and Webinars
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The participating constituents have accepted PROCSA® Workshops/Webinars, as an accredited CPD learning process for their registered members and are granting them appropriate CPD credits. The accreditation is a Category A / Core Category 1 accreditation and equates to a full day of learning in each instance.